The Precision Hydration Sweat Test Centre is one of the main attractions at this year's 220 Tri National Triathlon Show.
Why get Sweat Tested?
- Maintaining the sodium levels in your bloodstream is critical for maintaining performance. Sodium is the main electrolyte lost when you sweat, so it’s important to understand how much you’re losing so you can replace it.
- The amount of sodium individual athletes lose can vary dramatically because both sweat rate and sweat sodium concentration differ from athlete to athlete. We regularly see up to a 15x variance in the amount of sodium lost in athletes’ sweat. This means a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to hydration just isn’t acceptable.
Our patented test is exercise-free and non-invasive, we simply induce sweat on a small patch of your forearm and run a sample of your sweat through our machine.
- As a result, we’ve developed a multi-strength range of hydration products, the strongest of which contains more than 3x as much sodium as most other electrolyte products available.
- We'll combine your sweat sodium reading with information you give us about how you train and compete to put together a Personalised Hydration Plan for you which contains precise recommendations on the electrolytes and fluid you should be taking on to replace those lost in your sweat. And we have the multi-strength electrolyte products to match you strategy.
We're offering our exercise-free Advanced Sweat Test, which gives you an accurate reading of the amount of sodium you lose per litre of sweat, for just £75 at the National Triathlon Show (It's normally £95...). This is the same test we perform on elite athletes in the English Premier League, International Rugby Union, Aviva Premiership, NBA, NFL, MLB, Formula 1 and more!
This test is for you if...
- You suffer from cramp on occasions where you're sweating a lot.
- You've had issues with dehydration (or over-hydration/hyponaetremia) during races/competitions.
- You struggle to maintain your performance in hot environments, or when your sweat losses are higher.
- You struggle to recover after longer training sessions or races in hot weather.
- You're a serious athlete who is looking for marginal gains that can be a game-changer in terms of your performance.
But hurry, there are only a limited number of spaces available at the Show!