Last updated: January 5th 2022 (Effective as of May 25th 2018).
- If you use our Online Sweat Test or Quick Carb Calculator™. We'll ask you for the following data...
- If you take an Advanced Sweat Test with us (or one of our Sweat Testing partners around the world). We'll ask you for the following data...
- If you choose to buy something from our website (https://www.precisionfuelandhydration.com/). We'll capture the following data...
- If you start checking out on our website (https://www.precisionfuelandhydration.com/) but don't complete the purchase. We'll capture the following data...
- If you choose to sign up for our Fueling, Hydration and Performance Advice email newsletter using the forms on our website. We'll capture the following data...
- 2) Other ways we use the personal data we collect
- 3) Location data and how we use it to provide you with a better service.
- Who is collecting / controlling your personal data?
- How long do we retain your data for?
- What rights do you have over your data?
- How is your data processed and stored?
- Will your data be shared with any other third parties?
- Third Party Service Providers (who help us do what we do).
- 3) Cookies and how we use them to provide you with a better service
Precision Hydration Ltd, Precision Hydration Inc, Precision Hydration Australia Pty Ltd. all do business under the name 'Precision Fuel and Hydration'. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We have absolutely no desire to use your personal data to rig elections or build a Terminator, we just want to help you personalise your nutrition and hydration strategy to help you perform at your best. That's the ultimate goal behind the processing of any of the personal data outlined in this Policy.
This Policy explains the personal data we collect from you and how we'll use it. "Personal data" is any information that can be used to identify you, or that we can link to you.
This Policy also covers the choices you can make about the data we collect, and how you can control these decisions. Please read it carefully to understand how we collect and use your personal data and, if you have any questions about any of this stuff, just email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) What data we collect and how we'll use it
Below, we outline what data we process in different circumstances and how we use it to deliver the best possible service.
We process personal data in the following circumstances...
If you use our Online Sweat Test or Quick Carb Calculator™. We'll ask you for the following data...
- Your sport and info about how you train, compete, eat and sweat. (This helps us personalise your nutrition and hydration strategy and the content we send you).
- Your first and last name (Because it's nice to be on first name terms with our athletes!)
- Your email address (So we can send you weekly nutrition/hydration/performance advice and the occasional promo offer)
The legal ground for processing this data is your active consent when ticking the checkbox and hitting "View Results" when you take/took your Online Sweat Test or the Quick Carb Calculator™. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing Dave at email@example.com.
If you choose to not give us consent to process your personal data for the purposes outlined in this Policy, unfortunately we will not be able to personalise your nutrition or hydration strategy, which would be a darn shame.
We'll also capture the following data from signals such as your IP address or device settings...
The country you're in. This helps us give you nutrition and hydration advice in the measurement system most commonly used in your country (e.g. ounces, pounds and fluid ounces in the USA, grams, kilograms, litres and millimetres elsewhere). It also allows us to send you more relevant content in our emails (because people in Utah probably aren't interested in a Fueling and Hydration Workshops being held in Grimsby in the UK...). It also helps us show you local pricing and direct you to the right cart and checkout for you.
The legal ground for processing this data is our legitimate interest in providing a personalised service to our customers.
If you take an Advanced Sweat Test with us (or one of our Sweat Testing partners around the world). We'll ask you for the following data...
- Your sport and info about how you train, compete and sweat. (This helps us personalise your hydration strategy and the content we send you).
- Your first and last name (Because it's nice to be on first name terms with our athletes!)
- Your email address (So we can send you weekly hydration/performance advice and the occasional promo offer)
- What hydration products you currently use. (To help us give you better advice on your hydration strategy based on what you're currently doing)
- How you heard about us (to help us improve our marketing activities)
- Your date of birth
- Your gender*
- Your height / weight* (We're hoping to be able to use this to help you calculate your sweat rate in the near future. This'll help you understand your fluid requirements when you're exercising/sweating)
- Your Sweat Sodium Concentration* (i.e. how much sodium you lose in your sweat). We'll determine this during your Sweat Test and use it to further personalise your hydration strategy.
The legal ground for processing this data is your active consent when asked by your Sweat Test Officer during your Advanced Sweat Test appointment. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also use this data in scientific research - 100% anonymously and in aggregate - in order to further our collective knowledge and understanding of the science of nutrition and hydration. Data collected during tests conducted on athletes on behalf of professional sports organizations may also be used - 100% anonymously - in this research.
Here are some examples of the research we've had published that has made use of the data collected during Advanced Sweat Tests:
Thank you for helping us contribute to the understanding of how best to help athletes perform at their absolute best.
If you choose to buy something from our website (https://www.precisionfuelandhydration.com/). We'll capture the following data...
- Your address (so we know where to ship your products to and what your billing address is)
- Your email address (so we can send you important info like confirmation of your order and shipping updates)
- How many times you've ordered (so we can provide knowledgeable, helpful customer service and reward loyal customers)
- If possible, we also record how you found us (so we can improve our marketing activity)
If you start checking out on our website (https://www.precisionfuelandhydration.com/) but don't complete the purchase. We'll capture the following data...
- Your email address (if you get past the point where this is collected). We'll use this to send you an email with a link back to your cart so that you can pick up where you left off easily and quickly if you decide you want to
- Your address, just to make finishing your order really quick and easy should you choose to do so. (We won't use the data for anything else)
If you choose to sign up for our Fueling, Hydration and Performance Advice email newsletter using the forms on our website. We'll capture the following data...
- Your email address (So we can send you weekly nutrition/hydration/performance advice and the occasional promo offer)
- Your first and last name, if you choose to add this by updating your preferences. (Because it's nice to be on first name terms with our athletes!)
2) Other ways we use the personal data we collect
We use the personal data covered in this Policy to respond to customer enquiries and provide other customer care and support services. This processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement we have with you, as well as to serve our legitimate interest.
We continually use data to improve existing products and services and develop new ones. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
Running our business
We use data to create aggregate analyses and business intelligence to enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
3) Location data and how we use it to provide you with a better service.
When you visit our website, we use signals such as your IP address or device settings to understand what country you're in, so that we can display our prices in your local currency (where possible) and direct you to the right cart and checkout for you so you see local shipping options.
If you take one of our Online Sweat Tests or use our Quick Carb Calculator™, we'll record what country you're in so that we can give you hydration advice in the measurement system most commonly used in your country (e.g. ounces, pounds and fluid ounces in the USA, grams, kilograms, litres and millimetres elsewhere) and (if you consent to receiving our emails), so we can send you more relevant content in our emails (because people in Utah probably aren't interested in a Fueling and Hydration Workshops being held in Grimsby in the UK...)
4) How we process your data
Who is collecting / controlling your personal data?
If you live in the UK, a country in the European Economic Area, or Switzerland, then your personal data collected by Precision Fuel and Hydration is controlled by Precision Hydration Ltd, which is located at Precision Hydration Ltd, Unit B6, Aerodrome Studios, 2-8 Airfield Way, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 3TS, UK. Precision Hydration Ltd's Data Protection Officer is called Dave and you can email him with any questions you have about the collection/storage of your personal data at email@example.com.
If you live outside the UK, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, then your personal data collected by Precision Fuel and Hydration is controlled by Precision Hydration Inc. If you have any questions about the collection/storage of your personal data, email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we retain your data for?
We will (securely) retain your personal data for as long as Precision Fuel and Hydration exists as a business, unless you request that we delete it. Just email Dave at email@example.com to request this (see below for more info on this).
What rights do you have over your data?
If you live in the UK or the European Union, then under the UK GDPR (https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/) or the EU GDPR (https://gdpr.eu/) (General Data Protection Regulation) you have the right to...
a) request access to your personal data from Precision Hydration Ltd. in a portable format.
b) request the correction or deletion of your personal data
c) to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data at any time.
d) restrict the processing of your personal data
e) to object to processing of your personal data (by not actively giving your consent when asked to do so, or by withdrawing your consent later)
f) to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you feel we've failed to uphold your rights regarding your personal data.
If you live outside the UK or the European Union, we'll still offer you the same rights because, well, it's the right thing to do.
How to exercise your rights
To withdraw consent or to request access to, a correction or the deletion of your personal data (wherever you live), just email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get this down asap and definitely within 30 days!
Please note: If we delete your data it cannot be recovered! This means that you'll no longer be able to access your Personalised Hydration Plan or Personalised Nutrition Plan. Similarly, if you withdraw consent, we're no longer able to process the information needed to personalise your hydration or nutrition strategy and you'll no longer be able to access your Personalised Hydration Plan or Personalised Nutrition Plan.
If we delete your personal data, you'll also be automatically unsubscribed from our email communications. You can also unsubscribe directly at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any emails we send you. Or, you can email us and we'll unsubscribe you from our end.
If you have any questions about the collection/storage of your personal data, or your rights relating to your data, just email Dave at email@example.com.
How is your data processed and stored?
Personal data collected by Precision Fuel and Hydration may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States (for example, in data centres used by out third party service providers), or in any other country where Precision Fuel and Hydration or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers are located or maintain facilities. We have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect personal information when it is transferred internationally.
Will your data be shared with any other third parties?
Precision Fuel and Hydration does not and will not sell our customers' personal data. We only disclose your data as described in this Policy. We may share information with the following types of third parties...
- Our Sweat Test Centers, when those Centers have conducted a Sweat Test with you (with your consent) and so require a copy of your personal Sweat Test data so they can help you refine your personalised hydration strategy in the weeks and months after your test.
- Researchers we're conducting scientific research with. We sometimes share data in aggregate form and/or in a form which does not enable the recipient of such data to identify you with researchers who're working with us to further our collective knowledge of the science of nutrition and/or hydration.
- A company that might acquire or merge with Precision Fuel and Hydration. We may share your personal information in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. Of course, if that ever happens we'll notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our website and inform you of your rights.
- Third Party Service Providers (who help us do what we do). Please see below for more info.
Third Party Service Providers (who help us do what we do).
We use a variety of third-party services to help us operate our services and to help us understand the use of our services. Here are the main third party service providers we use and what we (predominantly) use them for...
- Shopify (to host our site, process and manage payments and orders, provide great customer service and understand how our customers use our website, products and services)
- Klaviyo (to capture email signups/consent, manage our email communications and provide great customer service)
- Google Analytics (to understand how our customers use our website, products and services)
- Hotjar (to understand how our customers use our website, products and services)
- Xero (to manage our accounts and invoice certain customers)
- Moxham Consultants (to build/maintain our Sweat Testing software, process data related to our Sweat Testing services and for business operations analytics)
- Blade by I-Fulfilment (to manage the fulfilment of our customers' orders)
- Linnworks (to manage the fulfilment of our customers' orders)
- Shipstation (to manage the fulfilment of our customers' orders)
We use (PCI compliant) payment service providers to process payments; prevent, detect, and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities and to facilitate dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit and debit cards. We never have access to your payment card details.
3) Cookies and how we use them to provide you with a better service
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive that allows our website to respond to you as an individual, they don't give us any access to your computer.
Cookies collect information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our site such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues, conforming to regulations and allowing us to improve our site's functionality by tracking usage (anonymously). In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected.
You can change your preferences at any time by clicking "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of any page on our site.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through our site or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
5) Other privacy notices
SMS/MMS mobile messaging marketing program
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I'm a child under the age of 16?
If you're under sixteen, it's very important that you ask your parent or legal guardian (the person responsible for looking after you) for permission before you take our Online Sweat Tests or use our Quick Carb Calculator™ or share any of your personal data with us. Please do not use our Online Sweat Tests or use our Quick Carb Calculator™ or share your personal data unless you are sure you have permission.
If you have any questions about whether you have the necessary permission to share your personal data, just email Dave at email@example.com and he'll try to help.
What if my child used your services without my permission?
Precision Fuel and Hydration does not knowingly target children under the age of sixteen with marketing activity and we do not knowingly collect or request personal information from those under the age of sixteen without parental/legal guardian consent. But, visitors of all ages are able to visit/use our website and it's possible for children under sixteen to provide us with their personal data without consent. (Kids, hey!)
If your child (under sixteen) has provided us with their personal data without your consent, let us know and we'll delete their personal data from our records asap. Just email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we process online.
We also take reasonable measures to ensure that our third-party data centre vendors provide adequate security measures. However, while we take reasonable precautions to guard the personal information we collect, it is important to note that no security system is impenetrable.
When we transfer personal data outside the UK, European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country's data protection laws.
Links (to our content and out to other websites)
We keep track of how you interact with links in emails we send you so that we can send you more of the stuff you find interesting and less of what you don't.
Our website contains links to external websites that we think you may find interesting. Remember, once you've used these links to leave our site, we don't have any control over that external website and we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these sites, which are not covered by this privacy statement. If you click on an external link on our site, that website's operator might be able to figure out that you came from Precision Fuel and Hydration. They may also collect other personal data from you, such as cookie identifiers or your IP address. You should exercise caution and read the privacy statement of the website in question.
If these changes are material, we'll let you know (either by email or a notice on our site) and, where required by applicable law, we'll ask for your consent to the changes.